Choose Your Tailgate Spot
The sound of hooves thundering Thoroughbreds will once again roll across the racetrack and infield as Steeplechase of Charleston returns to Stono Ferry - and to its roots - on Sunday, November 15.
In response to a changing world, Steeplechase of Charleston will re-focus this year on the fundamentals of race day: world class equine athleticism enjoyed by intimate gatherings of friends and family. Organizers believe that new measures they are taking will allow for maximum enjoyment of the five races and a fall day outdoors in the Lowcountry.
Equal parts picnic and day at the races, Steeplechase of Charleston is designed to celebrate a pastime that long defined the city's social circles. Ticket sales will be limited to 50% of the 60-acre facility's total capacity. In order to conduct a race that is as safe for guests as for the athletes, Steeplechase of Charleston will adhere to all DHEC, CDC and local guidelines pertaining to masking, capacity and sanitation.
- 5 high stake races with coveted titles and $65,000 in prize money on the line
- A wide open Vendor Village will offer shopping entertainment in a 100% touch-less environment.
- The event will feature double the number of sanitation stations and restroom facilities available last year, each of which will be cleaned regularly.
- Race organizers have hired special safety ambassadors and additional security to gently enforce safety guidelines.
- Masks will be required of all individuals any time they leave their dedicated space, allowing for safe interaction in the Vendor Village, at the rails, etc. Staff and volunteers will wear masks at all times.
- A staffed medical tent will be available to any attendee in need of help, including those beset on site by symptoms potentially related to COVID-19. An isolation tent will be available for any individuals experiencing symptoms on race day.
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. Infection may result in serious illness, injury, permanent disability, death, or property damage. As a result, governments and health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people. While the Company has implemented preventative measures designed to reduce the spread of COVID-19, the Company cannot guarantee that eventgoers will not become infected, and attending this event may increase the risk of contracting COVID-19. EVERYONE ATTENDING THIS EVENT IN ANY CAPACITY ASSUMES ALL THE FOREGOING RISKS.
*Steeplechase of Charleston reserves the right to change or cancel this event at any time.
*This content is subject to change at any time, based upon current COVID 19 conditions and State/ Local guidelines/executive orders.